Frequently Asked Questions
We have the answers!
Must I be a senior to use your services?
While we have expertise in working with older adults, we serve all ages. If you have physical limitations or you’re just too busy to do it yourself, these services are the smart way to accomplish your move.
What does a Move Manager do?
Making a major move at any age is difficult and stressful. It’s sometimes overwhelming to think about or to know where to begin. Trustworthy Transitions can recognize and manage the stress while efficiently organizing and coordinating every detail of the moving process. We work closely with our clients to:
- Create a customized move plan, focusing on your new home and your time lines
- Downsize and organize; sorting through your closets, cupboards, pantries, basements and garages to reduce clutter and determine what possessions can fit into your new home
- Determine the best actions to take for dispersal of the furniture and possessions that will not fit in your new space, then remove them by delivering to destinations
- Arrange for movers, cleaners or home repairs, to get your house ready for a quick sale
- Disconnect your electronics, TVs, computers and stereo systems packing everything up securely for the transport to your new home
- Cancel or transfer your utilities – gas, electric, telephone, cable, Canada Post
- Oversee the movers on move day and unpack at your new home.
Moving day is so stressful! Can you help?
YES! You don’t even need to be there. We’ll be onsite to oversee the move at both ends. We’ll ensure your possessions are loaded carefully into the mover’s truck and that they’re unloaded safely at their destination. We’ll see that your furniture is placed and positioned how you’ve chosen. We’ll unpack and decorate according to your wishes. Enjoy your moving day – we’ll call you to come home when everything is in place!
Why should I trust Trustworthy Transitions?
There are many reasons to trust Trustworthy Transitions with your family members, your home and your possessions.
- We are a family business
- We have years of experience working with older adults, coordinating services and working in move management
- We are insured for damages to your belongings and for the safety of our staff
- We require our staff to undergo a police records check and comprehensive training before they work with our clients
- We are a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers and our owner is a Certified Relocation and Transitions Specialist™
- We are your neighbours – based in south Niagara, where we live and do business
- We can save you time, effort and stress!
What do you do with the furniture and possessions that will not fit in a new home?
There are many ways and we help you manage the best way to dispose of your items. We can simply have a “tag” or moving sale or we can send some things to be auctioned. You could choose to donate unwanted items to charities. You might also want to give items to family and friends.
How do you handle long distance moves beyond the Niagara Region?
We can help clients prepare for the move out of the Niagara Region and we can help coordinate a similar Move Management service in the receiving location, depending on availability. If not, we’ll coordinate the moving process at both ends. Conversely, we can assist folks moving into Niagara from outside of the region.
What areas do you serve?
We serve Niagara’s and Haldimand’s South Coast – the communities of Fort Erie, Port Colborne/Wainfleet and Dunnville – and all of the little towns, villages and hamlets in-between.
Are you a mover? Do you move your clients?
Trustworthy Transitions does not transport our client’s furniture to the new home. We coordinate all details of the move and assist you in selecting a qualified mover. We are able to ship items to friends or family or to pack and deliver items for donation or disposal.
What do you mean when you say “We will help you navigate through the moving process via consultation, oversight and action”?
Trustworthy Transitions will assist and guide you by doing the following;
- Consult with you to determine your needs and goals
- Provide oversight by supervising the movers and any other folks hired for your transition
- Take action by developing a schedule, lining up additional services as needed and provide follow-up to assure all commitments are met so the client isn’t forced to manage the folks working on the transition
What do you charge for your services?
We customize our plan and pricing to fit your unique needs and budget. We will come to your home and meet with you for our free, no-obligation consultation. Before we leave we’ll provide you with a detailed cost estimate, based on our reasonable hourly rate, your time lines and the scope of tasks you’d like us to undertake.
Do you sell moving boxes?
Yes, We can sell moving boxes to you. When you hire us to pack you for local moves we let you “borrow” our boxes at no cost provided we are able to get them back from you after the move. In cases where we cannot reclaim our boxes such as long distance moves outside of Niagara, we can supply moving boxes at competitive pricing.
Can you help me find senior housing options?
We can put you in contact with Perfect Placements, a local service familiar with local housing options. There are numerous independent living, assisted living, continuing care retirement communities, and Alzheimer’s care homes in the Niagara region.